The Saha Cardiovascular Research Center is now accepting applications for the 2017 Saha Awards.
2017 Saha Awards
The Saha Awards are given to encourage and support staff and students with an interest in and dedication to cardiovascular medicine. Each award includes an unrestricted $1000 prize, a certificate and recognition at the University of Kentucky Gill Heart Institute Cardiovascular Research Day held on November 3, 2017 at the Lexington Convention Center.
· MD, PhD Student Award - The eligible student must be currently participating in the MD, PhD program at the University of Kentucky and show an active interest in cardiovascular medicine. 2017 Saha Awards Annoucement | Saha Award Application
· Medical Student Award - Students must be currently enrolled in the University of Kentucky College of Medicine and must demonstrate an interest in cardiovascular medicine. 2017 Saha Awards Annoucement | Saha Award Application
· University of Kentucky Nursing Student Award - The eligible student must be enrolled in the University of Kentucky Nursing Program and must demonstrate an interest in cardiovascular nursing. 2017 Saha Awards Annoucement | Saha Award Application
· Eastern Kentucky Nursing Student Award - To be eligible for this award, the student can be enrolled in any nursing program but must be training in a medical facility in Eastern Kentucky and must demonstrate an active interest in cardiovascular nursing. 2017 Saha Awards Annoucement | Saha Award Application
· Paula Fritz, RN Patient Education Award - This award is given to a nurse or team of nurses that display creativity and innovation in cardiovascular patient education. The nurses must be able to describe the new approach to patient education through data gathered before and after implementation along with a summary of outcomes. 2017 Saha Awards Annoucement | Paula Fritz RN Patient Education Award Application
The Application Process
Qualified applicants should submit the application no later than Setpember 15, 2017. Two letters of recommendation are required at the time of submission. For the student awards, one letter of recommendation must come from a faculty member of the program in which the applicant is enrolled. Award decisions will be announced by October 6, 2017
Questions? Contact CVRC Administration at SahaCVRC@uky.edu