1. To further develop the nationally and internationally reputation of the University of Kentucky by growing the portfolio of cardiovascular research.
2. To capitalize on campus-wide strengths in research, clinical care, and population science to improve cardiovascular health in Kentucky and beyond.
3. To provide a stimulating and nurturing campus wide environment for the development and retention of productive faculty.
4. To facilitate the training for students, including postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, professional students, residents, and fellows in cardiovascular research.
5. To promote and support discovery research and innovation that can be translated into novel approaches and new funding from federal agencies, charitable agencies/organizations, and industry.