PhD, Soochow University, China
Postdotoral fellow, Pharmacology, University of Illinois at Chicago
The focus of our research is to understand the cellular signaling mechanisms that regulate platelet activation thrombosis, and vascular permeability under normal physiological conditions and during inflammation. Blood platelets and vascular endothelial cells play critical roles in the development of atherosclerosis, thrombotic diseases (such as heart attack and stroke), and inflammatory dieseases. Thus, understanding the mechanisms of platelet and endothelial cell functions at a molecular level will allow us to identify potential targets for therapeutic intervention in cases of cardiovascular diseases and inflammatory diseases. We are currently investigating the role of the cGMP-dependent pathway in regulating platelet activation and thrombosis, and the role of platelets in inflammatory diseases.
- Duan, J.;Li, J.;Zeng, B ;Chen, GL ;Peng, X.;Zhang, Y.;Wang, J.;Clapham, DE ;Li, Z.;Zhang, J. "Structure of the mouse TRPC4 ion channel." Nature communications 9, 1 (2018): 3102. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Wang, S.;Li, Z.;Xu, R. "Human Cancer and Platelet Interaction, a Potential Therapeutic Target." International journal of molecular sciences 19, 4 (2018): [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Zhang, R.;Zhang, G.;Xiang, B.;Chen, X.;Tang, L.;Shi, S.;Liu, Y.;Ai, X.;Xie, P.;Li, Z. "TRAF3 negatively regulates platelet activation and thrombosis." Scientific reports 7, 1 (2017): 17112. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Huang, Y.;Joshi, S.;Xiang, B.;Kanaho, Y.;Li, Z.;Bouchard, BA ;Moncman, CL ;Whiteheart, SW "Arf6 controls platelet spreading and clot retraction via integrin αIIbβ3 trafficking." Blood 127, 11 (2016): 1459-67. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Dong, C.;Li, B.;Li, Z.;Shetty, S.;Fu, J. "Dasatinib-loaded albumin nanoparticles possess diminished endothelial cell barrier disruption and retain potent anti-leukemia cell activity." Oncotarget 7, 31 (2016): 49699-49709. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]