Saha Cardiovascular Research Center 2020 Saha Awards
The University of Kentucky Saha Cardiovascular Research Center is pleased to announce that applications are being accepted for the Saha Awards. These awards are given to encourage and support staff and students with an interest in and dedication to cardiovascular medicine. Each award includes an unrestricted $1000 prize, a certificate and recognition at the University of Kentucky, Saha Cardiovascular Research Center Cardiovascular Research Day held on September 25, 2020 at the Gatton Student Center.
- MD, PhD Student Award – The eligible student must be currently participating in the MD, PhD program at the University of Kentucky and show an active interest in cardiovascular medicine.
- Medical Student Award - Students must be currently enrolled in the University of Kentucky, College of Medicine and must demonstrate an interest in cardiovascular medicine.
- University of Kentucky Nursing Student Award - The eligible student must be enrolled in the University of Kentucky Nursing Program and must demonstrate an interest in cardiovascular nursing.
- Eastern Kentucky Nursing Student Award – To be eligible for this award, the student can be enrolled in any nursing program but must be training in a medical facility in Eastern Kentucky and must demonstrate an active interest in cardiovascular nursing.
- Paula Fritz, RN Patient Education Award – This award is given to a nurse or team of nurses that display creativity and innovation in cardiovascular patient education. The nurses must be able to describe the new approach to patient education through data gathered before and after implementation along with a summary of outcomes.
The Application Process
An application for the awards is available on the Saha Awards website at https://cvrc.med.uky.edu/saha-awards-cardiovascular-research-and-education. Qualified applicants should submit the application no later than May 1, 2020. Two letters of recommendation are required at the time of submission. For the student awards, one letter of recommendation must come from a faculty member of the program in which the applicant is enrolled. Award decisions will be announced by June 1, 2020.
To be considered for this award, please submit all required materials by email at Tanya.Graf@uky.edu or by mail at the address below.